Enable remarketing for your app
To show ads to people who have used your mobile app, you'll need to enable remarketing for your app. This article contains instructions for how to do this, as well as links to developer instructions.
Before you begin
If you're not familiar with your mobile app's code, consider working with an app developer or someone with a technical background.
Choose the Google Ads experience you're using. Learn more
- Sign in to AdWords.
- Click Shared library
- Under "Audiences," click View
- If you’re setting up remarketing for the first time, you’ll see several remarketing options. Under "Mobile app users," click "Create list." If you've already set up remarketing, locate the "Remarketing tag" box in the top right.
- Click Tag details.
- Click Setup.
- Click View AdWords tracking ID for mobile apps.
- Select and copy the tracking ID.
- You can track conversion events using Google Analytics for Firebase, a server-to-server API, or a third-party SDK for app remarketing. Based on the remarketing events you set up, you can use these tools to segment audiences within your app.
After you've enabled remarketing for your app, you can then create remarketing lists based on user interactions with your app. A remarketing list lets you set rules that determine which users can see your ads, as well as a membership duration.