To provide a comprehensive and consolidated view of your Audiences and make audience management and optimization simpler, you’ll find the following improvements in Google Ads:
- New audience reporting
Detailed reporting about audience demographics, segments, and exclusions is now consolidated in one place. Click the Campaigns icon and open the “Audiences, keywords and content” tab and click Audiences. You can also easily manage your Audiences from this report page. Learn more About Audience reporting.
- New terms
We’re using new terms on your audience report and throughout Google Ads. For example, “audience types” (these include similar, custom, in-market, and affinity) are now referred to as audience segments and “remarketing” is now referred to as “your data”. Learn more about the Updates to Audience terms and phrases.
To show ads to people who have used your mobile app, you'll need to enable the collection of your data for your app. This article contains instructions for how to do this, as well as links to developer instructions.
Before you begin
If you're not familiar with your mobile app's code, consider working with an app developer or someone with a technical background.
- Click the tools icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Under “Shared library” click Audience manager.
- From the page menu on the left click Audiences sources.
- In the "App analytics" card, click Details, click the 3-dot icon and select Edit source.
- Decide what data to collect:
- “Collect standard data available from this data source” collects general website visit data.
- “Collect specific attributes or parameters to personalize ads” tailors your ads based on user activity.
- This option is also known as “Dynamic remarketing” and allows you to show ads to people on your remarketing lists based on their activity on your app.
- Select the general parameters you’d like to track.
- If you selected “Collect standard data available from this data source” move on to step 9.
- If you selected “Collect specific attributes or parameters to personalize ads”:
- Select a business type.
- Business type is used to collect information about activity on your website that's specific to your business type. If your business type isn’t listed, select “Other (custom option)".
- Select the business type parameters you’d like to track.
- Select a business type.
- Click Create and continue.
- Implement the global site tag and optionally the event snippet using the generated code and instructions.
After you've enabled the collection of data for your app users, you can then create your data segments based on user interactions with your app. Your data segments let you set rules that determine which users can see your ads, as well as a membership duration.