Increase mobile app engagement: Google Best Practices
You’ve built an amazing mobile app that offers a lot of value to anyone that has it. A user can deposit checks with the snap of her phone’s camera, order dinner on the go, or be entertained as she taps a flying squirrel through digital treetops.
You’ve pulled out all the stops for mobile app marketing so that people can find your app. The next step is to make sure people use it. At the end of 30 days a tiny 3.3% of Android apps and 3.2% of iOS apps still had active users.1
So how can you encourage folks to keep coming back — zooming to the next treetop level in your game?
1. Set up deep links
- Set up deep links that will take folks directly to the parts of your app.
Why: Set up deep links that will take folks directly to the parts of your app where they can easily take action. This reduces friction and increases engagement.
Get started: Use standard deep links for Android and iOS to make your app compatible with all Google products.
2. Track app engagement beyond the install
- Track what users do in your app after they’ve installed.
Why: Track what users do in your app after they’ve installed. This informs audience segmentation and campaign optimization.
Get started: Use Firebase to track in-app conversions for your app.
3. Drive app engagement with your messaging
- Advertise a compelling reason for users to re-engage with your app.
Why: Advertise a compelling reason for users to engage with your app. This personalizes the ad and improves performance.
4. Drive app engagement using display and search
- Create a display app engagement campaign (Android and iOS).
Why: Engage with specific user segments at scale as they’re using other mobile apps across the Google Display Network.
- Create a search app engagement campaign (Android only).
Why: Engage with users in moments of intent as they’re looking for what you offer on Google Search.
1 Source: eMarketer, 2015