Lightbox ads responsively combine your ad assets -- like videos, image galleries, and maps -- to fill available ad spaces. Lightbox ads may contain multiple videos, image galleries, or combinations of these. This article explains how to set up and edit Lightbox ads. For a product overview, start with About Lightbox ads.
Setting up your campaign and bidding
Lightbox ads show on Display Network campaigns with the "Product and brand consideration” marketing objective.
Once your campaign is set up, you can build Lightbox ads by following these steps:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click Ads & extensions in the page menu.
- Click the blue plus button and select Lightbox ad.
- Create up to 10 cards for your ad. Click Images, Videos, or Start with a feed card (if you have a feed that is linked to your campaign settings) to create your first card.
- Add new image assets by clicking Scan website, Upload, or Recently used. You can add up to 10 images to a single gallery card.
- Add new video assets by clicking Search YouTube, Upload, or Recently used. Each video requires its own card.
- Add a product gallery from your Google Merchant Center feed by first linking it to your campaign, and then clicking Start with feed card.
- Click Save
- Add captions, calls to action, and links for your images, or cover photos for your videos, by expanding your cards in the panel on the left. See your changes in Preview on the right.
- Add additional cards by clicking the blue plus button labeled Card and choosing to add an Image gallery, Video card, Feed card, or Map card.
- You can also add a logo and up to 10 messages or calls to action to give people more details about your business or to encourage an immediate response, such as “buy now” or “visit website.”
- Save your ads to send them for review. Once approved, your new Lightbox ads will start running.