Create a Lightbox ad
Lightbox ads responsively combine your ad assets – like videos, image galleries and maps – to fill available ad spaces. Lightbox ads may contain multiple videos, image galleries or combinations of these. This article explains how to set up and edit Lightbox ads. For a product overview, start with About Lightbox ads.
Setting up your campaign and bidding
Choose the Google Ads experience that you're using. Learn more
Lightbox ads show on Display Network-only campaigns with either the “Engage with your content” or “See your ad” marketing objectives. Selecting “Engage with your content” sets the bidding as cost per engagement (CPE). Selecting “See your ad” sets the bidding as viewable cost per thousand impressions (vCPM).
Once your campaign has been set up, you can build Lightbox ads by following these steps:
- In your AdWords account, click +Ad and select Ad Gallery.
- Select Lightbox ads.
- Select Lightbox.
Choose one of these options:
- If you’d like to begin with a bulk upload, click either Upload assets, Add YouTube video or Scan website. You can add other types of assets later. So, for example, if you select Scan website, you still can add videos, too, when you arrive at the template page.
- To go directly to the template page, click Start with a template.
- On the template page, add text, images and preferences on the left of the screen. See your changes in Preview on the right.
- Save your ads to send them for review. Once approved, your new Lightbox ads will start running.