You can track, measure, and compare key performance metrics for any of your deals (your products with promotion, sale, or price drop badges, for example) in Merchant Center and for your promotions in Google Ads.
Before you begin
Measure performance in Merchant Center
To review the performance of your deals across Shopping ads and free listings, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Merchant Center account.
- Click Performance and then Dashboard in the left-hand navigation menu.
- Select either the “Shopping ads” or “Free listings” tab above the dashboard.
- View your deals performance in the “Traffic for promotion, sale and price drop badges” card.
- You can split metrics by Product, Brand, or Category by clicking the segment’s name at the bottom of the card.
- To review reports that split your deals performance by Badge type, Promotion, or Promotion category, you can click on the related report at the bottom of the card.
Measure performance in Google AdsTo measure how customers engage with your promotions, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Go to your Shopping campaign.
- Click Segment, then select Click type. Click type reports impressions from the “Special offer” link and reports clicks to the “Shop” button in the promotion bubble.
- Segment campaigns by click type.
- Go to the “Shopping ad - Coupon” click type. This click type reports impressions from the “Special offer” link and reports clicks to the “Shop” button in the promotion bubble.