To provide a comprehensive and consolidated view of your Audiences and make audience management and optimisation simpler, you’ll see the following improvements in Google Ads:
- New audience reporting
Detailed reporting about audience demographics, segments and exclusions is now consolidated in one place, the 'Audiences' tab within the left-hand page navigation menu. You can also easily manage your Audiences from this report page. Learn more About Audience reporting
- New terms
We’re using new terms on your audience report and throughout Google Ads. For example, 'audience types' (these include similar, custom, in-market and affinity) are now referred to as audience segments and 'remarketing' is now referred to as 'your data'. Learn more about the Updates to Audience terms and phrases
Show ads to people who have visited your website before. This article explains the steps you’ll need to follow to create an audience segment that includes people who have visited your website.
Before you begin
If you aren't familiar with how to set up your data segment, you should read how your data works first.
- Sign in to Google Ads.
- Click the tools icon , then click Shared library.
- Click Audience manager.
- Click Audience lists.
- To add a website visitors list, click the plus button and select Website visitors.
- On the page that opens, start by entering a descriptive remarketing list name.
- Choose a template from the "List members" drop-down menu.
- Select a set of rules from the “Visited pages” drop-down menu options. For each menu option, add the conditions for web pages on your site where you'd like to collect visitor cookies. Values can be words, numbers, or dates, depending on the rule template and conditions that you selected for the list that you’re creating. After you've completed a rule, click Or or Add (depending on the rule option that you selected).
- Enter an initial list size, which is the number of visitors to your website during a set period of time. You can add site visitors from the previous 30 days to your list, or you can start with an empty list.
Note: If you have a remarketing tag on your website and want to include visitors who match your list’s rules, select the option to add site visitors from the previous 30 days.
- Enter a membership duration, which is the length that you want a visitor to stay on your list. You can change the membership duration at any time.
- (Optional) Enter a description of your audience.
- Click Create audience.
Read the Google Best Practices guide to learn how to re-engage previous site visitors with personalised ads.
Reach past visitors with display ads that use your data: Google Best Practices