Create a website remarketing list
Use remarketing lists to show ads to people who have visited your website before. This article explains the steps you’ll need to follow to create a website remarketing list.
Before you begin
If you aren't familiar with remarketing, you should read How remarketing works first.
- Sign in to Google Ads.
- To open the Shared Library, click the tool menu .
- Click Audience manager.
- Click Audience Lists.
- To add a website visitors list, click the plus button and select “Website visitors”.
- On the page that opens, start by entering a descriptive remarketing list name.
- Choose a template from the "List members" drop-down menu.
- Select a set of rules from the “Visited pages” drop-down menu options. For each menu option, add the conditions for web pages on your site where you'd like to collect visitor cookies. Values can be words, a number, or a date, depending on the rule template and conditions you selected for the list you’re creating. Once you've completed a rule, click ADD.
- Enter an initial list size, which is the number of visitors during a set period of time. You can increase your initial list size by including people from the last 30 days.
- Enter a membership duration, which is how long you want a visitor to stay on your list. You can change the membership duration at any time.
- Enter an optional description of your audience.
- Click CREATE AUDIENCE.
Read the Google Best Practices guide to learn how to re-engage previous site visitors with personalized ads.
Reach Past Visitors with Display Remarketing: Google Best Practices