Pause or resume your ad groups
This article explains how to pause, resume or remove your ad groups.
Before you begin
The new Google Ads experience is now the exclusive way for most users to manage their accounts. If you’re still using the previous AdWords experience, choose Previous below. Learn more
How to pause, enable or remove your ad groups
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Click the Campaigns tab.
- Click the Ad groups tab.
- Find the Status column to see the current status of each ad group.
- Click the tick box beside the ad group or ad groups that you want to change.
- Click the Edit drop-down menu above the ad groups, and select Enable, Pause or Remove.
How to find removed ad groups
Looking for the ad groups that you've removed? Click the All but removed ad groups drop-down menu above the graph and select All.Visit AdWords
How to make changes to multiple campaigns, ads or ad groups
If you want to make changes to multiple campaigns, ads, ad groups and more in bulk, you might want to use bulk uploads. With bulk uploads, you can download a spreadsheet, make changes offline, then upload it so that the changes take effect at the same time.
- You can pause or resume a single ad group simply by clicking its status icon.
- Make sure that you have at least three ads in your ad group so that Google Ads can optimise for what messaging works best for your potential customers.
How ad groups work with other levels of Google Ads
- Ad groups depend on campaigns: if your ad group is in a campaign that has been paused or removed, the ads in your ad group won’t run. Similarly, if your ad group is in a campaign that is enabled, the ads in your ad group can run (but you can choose to pause or remove them).
- Ads depend on ad groups: if your ad group has been paused or removed, the ads in that ad group won’t run. Similarly, if your ad group is enabled, its ads can run (but you can choose to pause or remove them).