Voice-over in Google Ads is a free, easy way to add high-quality, lifelike text-to-speech voice-over in Google Ads Asset Library, for existing video advertisers.
This article explains how to add voice-over to a Video campaign.
- In your Google Ads account, click the Tools icon .
- Click the Shared library drop down in the section menu.
- Click Asset library.
- Click the plus button , then click Video.
- Click Add voice-over.
- You can choose to add voice-over on an existing video in the Asset Library. Choose a video, click on the button on the top right, and click Add voice-over.
- Select source video.
- You have the option of choosing a source video from YouTube or from the ones created in Google Ads.
- Note that the video can be up to a maximum duration of 140 seconds.
- Click Enhance video.
- Under the “Voice-over messages” text box, enter your voice-over. You can add up to 5 voice-overs. Each voice-over message can have up to 150 characters. For each new voice-over, click + Add Message.
- You can set the start times of the messages in the video. Your voice-over messages can’t overlap, so your next voice-over will begin only when the current one ends.
- Scroll right to left along the video volume bar to edit the video volume. Video volume is set at 80% by default.
- Click on the video image under “Selected Video” to preview the video.
- You can select the voice type by clicking the dropdown button “Select a voice type”. You can choose from 7 options in English-US, and 2 options in all other languages.
- You can select the language of the voice from one of the currently supported languages, which include English-US, English-UK, English-IN, English-AU, Hindi, French, Spanish, Indonesian, Malaysian, Mandarin, Filipino, Korean and Swedish.
- Scroll right to left along the video volume bar to edit the voice-over volume.
- You can preview the generated video with voice-over by clicking Load preview. Note that the preview will take a few minutes to load.
- When you are satisfied with the voice-over and message, click Create video.
- Enter a title for your voice-over video. We also auto-generate a name for the video.
- Click Upload video to upload the video to a YouTube channel.
- To complete setting up your video, refer to Create a video using asset library (steps 11-13).