YouTube TV is the next generation TV content viewing experience that lets you watch live and video-on-demand shows from all major US broadcast networks. With YouTube TV ads, you can deliver personalized live TV ad experiences to viewers across YouTube TV and network partners with the help of Google powered technology.
- Tap into the YouTube generation: YouTube TV’s subscriber base and watch times continue to grow at a rapid pace.
- Connect with your audience: Reach your audience where they’re watching with your targeted ads.
- Use Google powered technology: YouTube TV uses Google’s powerful signals to help you deliver more relevant and personalized ads.
How it works
With YouTube TV ads, you can reach your target audience and capture new ones across their key viewing moments and preferred devices and formats. You can use a range of ad formats that are eligible to serve across YouTube TV and network partners.
You can watch YouTube TV on mobile, tablet or computer, and it can be easily streamed on your TV. YouTube TV includes a cloud digital video recorder (DVR), with no storage space limits and 6 accounts per household.
It has 3 primary viewing modes: Library, Home, and Live.
YouTube TV uses Google’s powerful signals combined with Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI) technology to insert custom and targeted ads in both live and digital video recorded content. This Google powered technology allows you to deliver personalized ads that are relevant to your target audience across moments, devices, and formats.
YouTube TV ad formats
Depending on your goal, you can use the following ad formats built for YouTube TV:
- Non-skippable in-stream ads
- Skippable in-stream ads
- Bumper ads
The available YouTube TV ad formats can be booked and purchased on a reservation basis through YouTube Select reserved media placement, Display and Video 360 Instant Reserve, or Google Ads auction, depending on the ad format. Learn more About YouTube TV ad formats.
For every hour of most programming on YouTube TV, there’ll be around 16 minutes of ads specifically targeted to every viewer, even if they’re watching the same show. Learn more About YouTube TV targeting.
Availability and limitations
Currently, YouTube TV is only available in the United States and has certain limitations:
- You can't:
- Target specific YouTube TV channels
- Completely opt out of serving ads on YouTube TV
- Exclude YouTube TV programs in Google Ads campaigns
- Note: You can exclude up to 10 YouTube TV channels in your Google Ads campaigns. Learn more About YouTube TV exclusions.
When to use YouTube TV ads
- If you want your ads to appear in a brand safe environment.
- YouTube TV offers Google product features and capabilities to ensure your ads appear accordingly.
- If you want to engage demographics that overlap with sports viewing.
- If you want to run limited time promotions.
- You can easily insert ads into digital video recorded (DVR) content in YouTube TV.
- If you’re a programmatic buyer who wants to gain media efficiencies by using frequency management across your entire YouTube buys in Display and Video 360. This includes YouTube TV, YouTube Select, and YouTube Auction.