Smart Bidding uses conversions and conversion value data in Google Ads to help meet your goals. If you have any issues with conversion tracking, you can use data exclusions to prevent any unintended changes in your conversions from affecting Smart Bidding.
Learn more About data exclusions
- Sign in to your Google Ads account
- Click the tools icon .
- Under 'Shared library', select Bid strategies.
- Select the Data exclusions option at the top.
- Select Advanced Controls from the page menu on the left.
- Click the plus button to add a new data exclusion.
- Next to 'Settings', enter a name and description.
- Enter the start date and time and end date and time for the data that you’d like to exclude. Since conversions can be attributed to clicks in the past, select a date range that accounts for the typical conversion delay.
- Next to 'Scope', select campaigns and devices for this adjustment. You can select individual campaigns to exclude or the entire account.
- Select devices to exclude. For example, the conversion issue may only have affected mobile tracking.
- Click Save
- Data exclusions may change how your bid strategies perform. Before you create an exclusion, confirm that the information is correct. Click Create data exclusion.
Remove data exclusion
Once the data exclusion is live, you’ll see the status as 'Active'. You can remove a data exclusion to incorporate the conversion data into Smart Bidding.