- Dynamic image extensions are in beta and may not be available to all Google Ads users.
Dynamic image extensions are an automated extension that allows Google to curate relevant visuals from your ad’s landing page to complement your existing search ads. They can help you reach your performance goals, with compelling visuals of products or services that enhance the message of your text ads.
You can opt-in to dynamic image extensions at the account level.
Dynamic image extensions can boost your advertising impact and value by showing visually relevant information that is difficult to convey with text only. By showing a preview of what a user can expect on the landing page, it can inspire users to click through. Other benefits include:
- Driving measurable performance for your marketing objective. Increase CTR when dynamic image extensions show with Search text ads by visually differentiating your Search ads from competitors.
- Ease of use and control: You can opt-in to dynamic image extensions at the account level and you’ll have full control to remove any dynamic image extensions that serve.
How they work
Once you've opted into dynamic image extensions, Google Ads will identify and extract images from your landing page. Our system selects images from your landing page that are most relevant to the query based on the ad’s landing page. The images that are selected from your final URL go through a set of automated and manual quality checks before being selected to serve.
Clicking on a dynamic image extension, will take people to the same landing page as the headline in your ad.
When someone clicks on your dynamic image extension, you’re charged on a CPC basis, similar to search text ads. The images in your dynamic image extension are clickable and are charged the same CPC as a click to a text headline.
Dynamic image extensions only show when they’re expected to boost your ad’s performance. You can, however, opt out of having them show with your ad.
Turn on dynamic image extensions
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- In the page menu on the left, click Ads & extensions.
- Click Automated extensions, then click the 3-dot icon in the right corner and select Advanced settings.
- Under the “Dynamic image extensions” section, select the “On” button.
- Click the checkbox to confirm you own all legal rights to the image and have permission to share the image with Google to use on your behalf for advertising or other commercial purposes.
- Click Save.