Use Glass's camera to take crystal clear high resolution pictures in low or bright light.
Glass is equipped with a 5 MP camera and some software improvements, like HDR, to detect low light situations and automatically capture a brighter, sharper picture. Best of all, this software works even in tough situations where there are moving subjects.
There are two ways to capture a picture:
- From the Home screen, say "ok glass, take a picture."
- Press the camera button above your right eye to capture a picture.
- The viewfinder.
- The Wink feature.
- Glass gestures. Tap the Home screen, swipe to find either the Show viewfinder or Take picture card, and select.
After snapping a picture, you'll see a brief preview of the shot you’ve just taken before it is saved to your timeline.
View your pictures
To view the picture in your timeline, swipe forward on the touchpad from the Home screen. Glass will make a collage out of pictures, videos, and vignettes taken during a day and bundle them together.
Tap into the photo bundle to browse, and then on a picture to share or delete it from your timeline. You can also transfer your photos to a computer using a USB cable.
Make a vignette
Vignettes superimpose a screenshot of your Glass display over a picture. You can share these around to show what you're doing on Glass while you're taking a picture. It's a sweet little snapshot of your experience on Glass.
To take a vignette:
- Use Glass normally and prepare the Glass display for a screenshot.
- When you've lined up what you want on your display, press Glass's camera button.
- Tap the touchpad and select Make vignette.