If your watch doesn't track your activity, you can change some settings on your watch and phone.
Update the Google Fit & Wear OS apps
- On your Android phone, open the Play Store app .
- Tap Menu My apps & games.
- If they're not up to date, update the Wear OS app and the Google Fit app .
Use the same account on your watch & phone
- On your phone, open the Google Fit app .
- At the bottom, tap Profile. You’ll find the account you used to sign in.
- On your watch, swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Tap Settings Personalization Accounts. You’ll find the account you used to sign in.
- If they’re not the same, sign in to the same account on both devices. Learn how to switch accounts on your watch.
Make sure Fit has the right permissions
Google Fit works best on your watch when it has the right permissions. This includes location tracking, physical activity tracking, and heart rate tracking. Learn how to change Fit’s permissions.