If you already have an active SIM card, you don't need a new one for most phones. If you don't have a Fi SIM yet, you can order one from fi.google.com/signup.
Insert a SIM card
If you have a Designed for Fi phone, your SIM card tray is on the top left side of your phone. The eject button is inside the small hole on the right side of the tray door.
- Turn off your phone by pressing the power button on the phone’s right edge for 3 seconds.
- On your phone's left edge, find the small hole and insert the SIM ejection tool that came with your phone or SIM card.
- Firmly but gently, push until the tray pops out.
- Remove the tray from your phone. Put your SIM card in the tray.
- Gently, push the tray back into its slot in your phone.
- Turn on your phone by pressing the power button on your phone’s right edge for 3 seconds.
Note: If you're new to Google Fi, open the Google Fi app to finish your activation.
Troubleshoot SIM card issues
- If you insert your SIM card and your phone says “No SIM card,” remove your SIM. Make sure it's clean and placed on the tray correctly. Restart your device by holding down the power button for 30 seconds.
- Make sure your device is carrier-unlocked and compatible with Google Fi.
- Double-check that you're using a Google Fi SIM card.
- If you're transferring from another carrier, try to insert your previous SIM card. If your phone recognizes it, but not your Google Fi SIM, your phone might be carrier-locked. Contact your previous carrier for more information.
If you're still having issues, contact a Google Fi agent.