Insert a SIM card into a Project Fi device
Project Fi devices use nano SIM cards. If you don't have a Fi SIM yet, you can order one from fi.google.com/signup.
Insert a SIM card
The SIM card tray is on the top left side of your phone. The eject button is inside the small hole on the right side of the tray door.
- Turn off your phone by pressing the power button on the phone’s right edge for 3 seconds.
- On your phone's left edge, find the small hole and insert the SIM ejection tool that came with your phone or SIM card.
- Firmly but gently, push until the tray pops out.
- Remove the tray from your phone. Put your SIM card in the tray.
- Gently, push the tray back into its slot in your phone.
- Turn on your phone by pressing the power button on your phone’s right edge for 3 seconds.
Note: If you're new to Project Fi, open the Project Fi app to finish your activation.
Troubleshoot SIM card issues
- If you insert your SIM card and your phone says “No SIM card,” remove your SIM. Make sure it's clean and placed on the tray correctly. Restart your device by holding down the power button for 30 seconds.
- Make sure your device is carrier-unlocked and compatible with Project Fi.
- Double-check that you're using a Project Fi SIM card.
- If you're transferring from another carrier, try to insert your previous SIM card. If your phone recognizes it, but not your Project Fi SIM, your phone might be carrier-locked. Contact your previous carrier for more information.
If you're still having issues, contact a Project Fi agent.
Watch this video to learn how to insert your Project Fi SIM card into your phone.