Cancel your Google Fi service
You can cancel your Google Fi service at any time. There are no termination fees.
If you're part of a group plan, you'll have to leave or remove members before you can start the cancellation process.
To obtain the port-out account number and PIN number, you'll have to go through the cancellation flow.
Keep in mind before you cancelTake your number to a new carrier
If you choose to take your Google Fi number with you, you'll have Fi service until your number is active with your new carrier.
- Cancel your service from your Google Fi account (see steps below). Fi will guide you through the process before you confirm cancellation.
- We'll give you your port-out account number and password once you cancel.
- Give your new carrier your port-out info. If they ask for your name and address, use the name on your Google Account and your Google Fi service address.
- Your new carrier will activate your number once they confirm your info with Google Fi (usually takes <24 hours). After that, we'll cancel your Fi service, but you can still sign in to your account to see past bills and other details.
If you're having trouble cancelling your Google Fi service and taking your number and device to Sprint, please contact Google Fi Support.
Within 15 days of receiving your phone
If you bought your phone through Google Fi and it’s been 15 days or less since you received it, you can return your phone for a refund.
Over 15 days since you received your phone
If it’s been more than 15 days since you got your phone, you can no longer return it.
If you’re making monthly payments on your phone, you’ll need to pay the remaining balance. You’ll see this balance on your next statement after you cancel and it’ll be automatically charged to the payment card on your account.
Use your phone with other carriers
Your phone isn't locked to Google Fi, so you can use it with another carrier after you cancel your service. You'll get instructions on how to do this during the cancellation process.
An overdue balance is an amount you owe from a billing cycle prior to when you cancel. If you have an overdue balance, you’ll need to pay the remaining balance in in full before you can cancel your Google Fi service.
What happens to my Google One perks when I cancel my Fi Unlimited service?
Cancel service from your Fi account
- Open the Google Fi website or app .
- In the Account tab select Manage plan.
- Select Cancel service.
- Note: If you see Leave plan instead of Cancel service, you'll have to leave your group plan before you can follow these steps.
- Follow the guided steps to confirm cancellation and choose what you want to do with your number:
- Transfer your number to another carrier.
- Transfer your number to Google Voice.
- Give up your number.
Once you've canceled your service, you can still sign in to your account to look at bills and other details. Signing in to your account won't reactivate your service, and you'll see a notification that your service has been canceled.
To cancel a deceased subscriber's service, contact Google Fi support.
You'll get two bills after you cancel your Fi subscription. Once you've canceled your service, you can still sign in to your account to look at bills and other details. If you have a positive balance on your second bill, you'll get a refund on your primary payment card. Service credits are non-refundable.
At the end of your last active billing cycle, your first statement won't show a balance for your monthly data budget under "Standard monthly charges."
If you cancel your service before the end of your Flexible plan's billing cycle, you’ll get a credit for any days remaining in a second bill 30 days later. This statement will also include any delayed charges for international usage, since international charges take longer to appear.
If you cancel your service before the end of your Unlimited plan's billing cycle, you'll be charged the full amount of the billing cycle during which your service is terminated. This could be the same billing cycle as when you elect to cancel, or it could be in a different cycle. A second bill 30 days later may also include any delayed charges for international use, since international charges take longer to appear.
Troubleshoot cancellationsCan't transfer Google Voice number
If you don’t see the option to transfer your number to Google Voice, it’s likely that Google Voice doesn't support this number or numbers in this area.
Google Voice’s number availability changes often, so even if your number was on Google Voice before, it can’t always be transferred back. If you’d still like to keep your number, we recommend transferring it to another carrier that supports it.