Your Google Fi service is active until you switch carriers
Important: If you pause the Google Fi service while you transfer your number to another carrier, it may cause the port-out to be unsuccessful.
- Open the Google Fi app or website.
- For iOS users, you can only cancel the service through the Fi website.
- In the “Account” tab, select Manage plan.
- Select Leave Google Fi.
- To confirm cancellation, follow the guided steps.
- Select Transfer your number to another carrier.
- Get your port-out number and PIN.
Important: Your Google Fi services will continue until your number transfer completes.
Step 2: Transfer your number
Important: Number transfer information is case-sensitive. Enter the name and service address as they show up on your Google Fi account.
- Give your new carrier your port-out number and PIN.
- If your new carrier asks for your name and address, use the name on your Google Account and your Google Fi service address.
- To transfer your number, your new carrier confirms your information with Google Fi.
- After your new carrier activates your number, your Google Fi service stops.