Stop your Google Fi service temporarily
You can suspend, or pause, your Google Fi service for a short period of time (up to three months). You can easily resume your service at any time. If you haven't resumed service after three months, it will automatically turn back on.
When your account is paused:
- You'll keep your number.
- You won't have access to domestic talk & text, data or international services.
- You won't be able to use your data for mobile hotspots or tethering.
- Your data-only SIMs will also be paused.
- You'll still be charged for device protection and financing.
Depending on when you pause your service, you won't be charged or you'll get partial credit for the days when your service was paused.
Pause your Google Fi service
Here's how to pause your service:
- Open the Google Fi website or app .
- In the "Account" tab, under "Your Plan," click Manage plan.
- At the bottom of the screen, select Pause service, then confirm.
Resume your Google Fi service
When you're ready to start using Google Fi again, open the Google Fi app or website. You'll see a notification at the top of the screen where you can select Resume service.
Military service pause
If you're in the military, you can pause your service for up to 39 months. You'll need to contact a Google Fi expert to start a military service pause. Have the details of your deployment ready.