Sign your child in to Google websites
When you use Family Link to manage your child’s Google Account, you can let your child sign in to some Google websites, like Gmail, using a web browser.
Most Family Link supervision settings won’t work
When your child is signed in to Google websites on a web browser, these settings won’t work:
- Screen time limits
- Device location
- App activity
- Blocking apps & app permissions
- Google Chrome website and permission restrictions
Sign your child in
With your permission, your child can sign in to some Google websites using a web browser, and they’ll be able to search the internet and visit websites.
- On the device your child wants to use, open a web browser.
- Go to the Google sign-in page or sign in to a Google website like Gmail.
- Your child enters their Google Account email address and password.
- Follow the instructions to finish signing your child in. You may need to enter your own Google Account password to give permission.
If your child signs out of Google websites, they may need your permission to sign in again.