YouTube Kids & your child's Google Account
When you create a Google Account for your child under 13, they can use the YouTube Kids app. However, they can't use any other YouTube products until they turn 13 and manage their own Google Account.
How YouTube Kids works
Important: At this time, Google Accounts managed with Family Link can only sign into the YouTube Kids app in the United States. If you live in another country, learn how YouTube Kids works when your child isn't signed in with their Google Account, including how to change parental controls and other settings. When your child uses YouTube Kids without signing into their Google Account, the YouTube Kids Privacy Notice applies.
If you let your child download the YouTube Kids app, you'll set up the app for your child before they can use it.
- The content level setting you want for your child
- Whether your child can use the search function in the app
Change YouTube Kids settings
- On your device, open the Family Link app .
- Select your child.
- On the "Settings" card, tap Manage settings More YouTube Kids. You won't see "YouTube Kids" if you haven't set up the app on their device.
- Choose your child's settings:
- Content level: Choose the content level that's right for your child
- Search: Turn Search on or off
- Unblock videos: Unblock all videos and channels that have been blocked in your child's YouTube Kids app
You can also use the Family Link app to manage your child's activity settings, including their YouTube Search History and YouTube Watch History. If your child uses YouTube Kids without signing into their Google Account, you can manage their activity settings in the YouTube Kids app instead.