YouTube Kids & your child's Google Account
When you create a Google Account for your child under 13 that's managed with Family Link, they can use the YouTube Kids app. However, they can't use any other YouTube products until they turn 13 and manage their own Google Account.
How YouTube Kids works
If you let your child download the YouTube Kids app, you'll set up the app for your child before they can use it.
- The content level setting you want for your child (currently United States only)
- Whether your child can use the search function in the app
Change YouTube Kids settings
- On your device, open the Family Link app .
- Select your child.
- On the "Settings" card, tap Manage settings More YouTube Kids. You won't see "YouTube Kids" if you haven't set up the app on their device.
- Choose your child's settings:
- Content level: Choose the content level that's right for your child (currently United States only)
- Search: Turn Search on or off
- Unblock videos: Unblock all videos and channels that have been blocked in your child's YouTube Kids app
You can also use the Family Link app to manage your child's activity settings, including their YouTube Search History and YouTube Watch History.