Troubleshooting for students
This page is for students. Teachers go here.
- A G Suite for Education account (email@example.com) that your school creates. If you don't know your G Suite for Education account, ask your teacher.
- A personal Google Account (firstname.lastname@example.org) that you create. Learn more about how to create a Google Account.
I forgot my password
How do I switch between user accounts?
On Android, you don't sign out of an account; instead, you remove your account from your device. Removing the account doesn't delete the it, so you'll still be able to use your account on other devices.
- In the Classroom app, tap Menu .
- Next to your name and email, tap Down Manage accounts.
- Tap Google.
- (Optional) Tap your account.
- At the top right, tap More Remove account.
- To confirm, tap Remove Account.
If you use Classroom on a:
- Chromebook—See Change the language.
- Chrome browser (Windows and Chromebook)—See Change Chrome languages and translate webpages.
- Chrome device—Change your language on Google.
- Apple® iphone® and ipad®—See Change the language on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
If your school uses G Suite for Education—Ask your teacher to send you a new class code. If the new class code doesn’t work, ask your teacher to contact the school’s admin.
If you’re a student using a personal Google Account outside of a school—Ask your teacher to send you a new class code.
A class code consists of 6 or 7 alphanumeric characters. For example, hjhmgrk or g5gdp1.
Note: You only use the class code once to enroll. You don't need to re-use the class code.
I deleted or forgot my class code
Note: You only use the class code once to join the class. You are then enrolled in the class and you don't need to re-use the code again.