This article is for teachers
You can invite teachers to join your class to help coordinate class activities. If you use Google Groups, you can also invite a group of co-teachers at the same time.
Your G Suite administrator might only allow teachers and students from your school to join classes. If you want to add a teacher from another school, contact your admin to update your domain's class membership settings.
Co-teachers can perform the same tasks as the primary teacher, including:
- Create assignments
- Give feedback on student work
- Enter grades
- Post on the class stream
- Access the class Google Drive folder
- Email teachers and students
- Delete a class
- Remove the primary teacher from a class
- Mute another teacher in a class
To invite teachers using Google Groups, you don't have to be the owner or a member of the group. However, you must be able to view group members and email addresses. If you can't view the list, contact your administrator to change the permissions. Learn more about troubleshooting invitations.
Invite a teacher to co-teach your class
- Click the class you want to add co-teachers or groups to.
- At the top, click People.
- Click Invite teachers .
You can invite individual teachers or a group.
- Enter the email address of the teacher or group.
As you enter text, Classroom shows matching addresses that you can choose from.
- From the list, click a teacher or group.
- (Optional) To invite more teachers or groups, repeat steps 5–6.
- Click Invite.
Accept an invitation to co-teach a class
Invited teachers get an email asking them to co-teach your class. To join the class, the invited teacher must click a link in the email, or sign in to Classroom and click Accept on the class card.
Class size limits
Limits on class size depend on the type of account you use with Classroom.
|G Suite for Education||
|Personal Google Accounts||
Limits for Google Groups
Classroom uses Google Groups for all students and teachers with G Suite for Education accounts.
- Each person can only be in a certain number of groups.
- If you invite a group to join a class as co-teachers, the group must have 10 or fewer members.
For more details, go to Understand Groups policies and limits.