Invite teachers to a class
This page is for teachers. Students go here.
You can invite co-teachers to join your class to help coordinate class activities. If you use Google Groups, you can also invite a group of co-teachers at the same time.
Note: To invite teachers using Google Groups, you don't have to be the owner of the group, but you do have to be a member. Usually, as a member of the group, you can view the list of members. If you can't view the list, contact the group owner to change the permissions. Learn more about Troubleshooting Invitations.
Sign in to Classroom with your Google Account.
For example, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Learn more.
- Click the class you want to add co-teachers or groups to.
- At the top, click About.
- Click Invite Teachers.
- You can invite individual teachers or a group. Enter the teacher's or group's email address.
As you enter text, an autocomplete list might appear.
- From the Search results, click a teacher or group or click Add recipient.
- (Optional) To invite more teachers or groups, repeat steps 5-6.
- Click Invite.
Note: The class list is updated to show the names of invited teachers. Invited teachers receive an email. To join the class, the co-teacher must sign in to Classroom and click Join on the class card.
There are a few class permissions to be aware of:
- Only the primary teacher can delete a class.
- The primary teacher can't unenroll or be removed from a class.
- Teachers can't be muted in a class.
- The primary teacher owns the class Google Drive folder.
- After a co-teacher joins the class, the co-teacher has access to the class Google Drive folder.
G Suite for Education accounts
For teachers with a G Suite for Education account, Classroom has the following size limitations for each class:
- Maximum number of teachers: 20
- Maximum number of members (teachers and students): 1,000
Note: Classroom uses Google Groups for all students and teachers with G Suite for Education accounts. Each person can only be in a certain number of groups. See the Membership section of Groups policies and limits for details.
Personal Google Accounts
Teachers with a personal Google Account also have additional limits on activity, such as creating classes or inviting students. Learn more about Policies and limits.