Create a class
- At the top of the Classes page, click Add Create class.
Note: If you don’t see Create class, your account only lets you join classes. Switch accounts or contact your Google Workspace administrator for help.
- Enter the class name.
- (Optional) To enter a short description, grade level, or class time, click Section and enter the details.
- (Optional) To add a subject, click Subject and enter a name or click one from the list that appears when you enter text.
- (Optional) To enter the location for the class, click Room and enter the details.
- Click Create.
Classroom automatically creates a class code that you can use to invite students to the class. You can always get the class code at the top of the class stream.
Complete other common tasksAccept a provisioned class
- On the class card, click Accept.
- Confirm the number of students and activation of the class and click Accept.
Note: To learn more about provisioning classes, go to Classroom API resources.
Choose a different theme image from the gallery
- Click the class and at the bottom of the image, click Select theme.
- Choose an option:
- Select an image from the gallery and then click Select class theme.
- Click Patterns, select a color and pattern, and click Select class theme.
Upload your own theme image
- Open the class and at the bottom of the image, click Upload photo.
- Choose an option:
- Drag a photo from your computer to the middle of the screen.
- Click Select a photo from your computer, choose the image, and click Open.
- Click Select class theme.
Problem creating a class?
- If you have a Google Workspace for Education account but can't add a class, your Google Workspace administrator might need to verify that you’re a teacher. Contact your administrator for help. For instructions, administrators can go to Verify teachers and set permissions.
- If you have a personal Google Account, there are limits on the number of classes that you can create. Learn more about Classroom limits.