Anyone over 13 can create a class using a personal Google Account. However, if your school has a G suite for Education account, you should use that email to create your classes. For details, go to About Classroom user accounts.
Create a class
- On the Classes page, click Add Create class.
- Enter the class name.
- (Optional) To enter a short description, grade level, or class time, click Section and enter the details.
- (Optional) To add a subject, click Subject and enter a name, or click one from the list that appears when you enter text.
- (Optional) To enter the location for the class, click Room and enter the details.
- Click Create.
Next steps: When you create a class, Classroom automatically creates a class code. You use it to invite students to the class. You can always view the class code on the Stream page.
Accept a provisioned class
- On the class card, click Accept.
- Confirm the number of students and activation of the class and click Accept.
Note: To learn more about provisioning classes, go to Classroom API resources.
Choose a different theme image from the gallery
- Click the class and at the bottom of the image, click Select theme.
- Choose an option:
- Select an image from the gallery and then click Select class theme.
- Click Patterns, select a color and pattern, and click Select class theme.
Upload your own theme image
- Open the class and at the bottom of the image, click Upload photo.
- Choose an option:
- Drag a photo from your computer to the middle of the screen.
- Click Select a photo from your computer, choose the image you want to use for your class, and click Open.
- Click Select class theme.
Copy a class
Problem creating a class?
If you have a G Suite for Education account but can't add a class, the Classroom G Suite administrator might need to verify you’re a teacher. Contact your administrator for help. For instructions, administrators can go to Verify teachers and set permissions.
Note: If you have a personal Google Account, there are limits on the number of classes you can create. Learn more about Classroom limits.