As a teacher, you can attach documents, links, and images to assignments for your students. Classroom works seamlessly with Google Docs, Google Drive, and Gmail.
As a student, you sign in to Classroom, see your assignments, and submit your work online. When you turn in your work, the teacher sees it on the Classroom Stream page.
All your Classroom activity, whether you’re a teacher or student, is online using a computer or mobile device.
The workflow in action
|Teacher creates an assignment and attaches files.||Students attach materials or edit files from the teacher and turn in their work.||Teacher grades and returns the students' assignments.||
Students see their grades and feedback.
Optional: Students can edit and resubmit.
Step 1: Teacher creates an assignment
- Allow students to only view the file—Students can read the file but not edit it.
- Allow students to edit the file—Students share the same file and each student can edit it.
- Make a copy of the file for each student—Students get an individual copy of the file that has their name added to the document title, and they can edit it. When a student turns in the assignment, you see the file labeled with the student’s name.
As students work on an assignment, you can view their progress, add comments, and make edits in the documents.
Note: You have the same share options when you attach files to an announcement.
Step 2: Students turn in their assignment
Step 3: Teacher grades and returns assignments
Step 4: Students see their grades and can edit
- Attach files to an assignment
- Post to individual students or a group of students
- Attach files to an announcement