Assignments is an add-on application for learning management systems (LMSs) that helps you distribute, analyze, and grade student work with G Suite for Education.
Assignments makes Google Docs and Google Drive compatible with your LMS for file submissions. You can use Assignments to save time distributing and grading student work, and analyze student submissions with originality reports to ensure authenticity.
- You use Assignments as a Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) tool integrated within your LMS. It works with any LMS that supports LTI version 1.1 or higher, such as Canvas, Schoology, Blackboard, Moodle, and more.
- Adding Assignments to your LMS might require assistance from your LMS administrator. If you have never set up an add-on application or external tool for your LMS, talk to your IT admin or LMS admin about setting up Assignments in Canvas, or another LMS, such as Schoology.
- At this time, G Suite Admin support for installation help and troubleshooting is only available for customers using Canvas. If you use a different LMS, help is available in the community forum.
Features and benefits of Assignments
Distribute personalized Google Drive templates and worksheets to students
- Assign and collect virtually any file type, including Google Docs and Microsoft® Word files.
- Automatically distribute a personalized copy of assignment files for each student.
- Each distributed copy will be labeled with a student’s name and organized in a Drive folder.
Spot missed citations and possible plagiarism with originality reports
- Assess student work for originality without leaving your grading tool.
- Searches hundreds of billions of web pages and 40 million books.
- Help students learn to support their ideas by letting them scan their work for missed citations up to three times before submitting.
- For G Suite Enterprise for Education customers, originality reports will scan past student submissions for student-to-student matches within your school’s domain.
Save time grading while providing rich feedback
- Prevents students from editing their work while you grade.
- Grade with rubrics to keep grading consistent and transparent.
- Give rich feedback and suggestions on student work using the power of Google Docs, including margin comments, strikethroughs, and highlighting.
- Easily reuse frequent margin comments with a personalized comment bank.
- Grades save to the LMS gradebook.