Apply a bid strategy to keywords
When you apply a bid strategy to keywords, DoubleClick Search (DS) will use the properties you set in the bid strategy to determine the keywords' bids. You can, however, set min and max bids at the keyword level when you apply the bid strategy.
DS will never bid below the min bid or above the max bid.
If you don’t set min and max bids at the keyword level, DS will use the min and max bids from the bid strategy level.
If you need to change a keyword’s bid quickly, you can manually override the bid.
Follow these steps to apply a bid strategy to keywords:
Navigate to the Keywords page that contains the keywords you want to apply.
The details for each keyword in the engine account appear in the table.
Select the check boxes next to the keywords you want a bid strategy applied to.
In the toolbar above the table, click Bid strategy.
The panel where you can select a bid strategy appears.
Select the bid strategy you want to apply to the keywords.
- In the Min bid/Max bid area, you can see the default min and max bids that are set at the bid strategy level:
- To use these default bids, leave the Use min and max bids set at bid strategy level check box selected.
- To specify the min and max bids at the keyword level, deselect the Use min and max bids set at bid strategy level check box and enter the bids under Keyword. Note that the max CPC of each selected keyword must be greater than the min bid and less than the max bid.
- To specify min and mix bids for some keywords while allowing others to use the default bids, you can only do it by upload:
- Enter the bid strategy name in the Bid strategy column.
- Enter the values in the Bid Strategy Min Bid and Bid Strategy Max Bid columns.
- To revert that keyword back to the default bids, enter inherited in the Bid Strategy Min Bid and Bid Strategy Max Bid columns.
The bid strategy icon appears next to the keywords in the table.