To use Box, Dropbox or Egnyte as your cloud storage provider:
Note: If you have a paid Box, Dropbox or Egnyte account, this feature only works if you have a G Suite account for work or school.
Use Box, Dropbox or Egnyte at work or school
- Your work or school administrator needs an account with Google and Box, Dropbox or Egnyte.
- Your administrator decides if you can use third-party storage providers. If you can’t use the one you want, contact your administrator.
- Your administrator decides how you can use Google Drive from your work or school account. For Google Drive access, contact your administrator.
- Google documents, spreadsheets and presentations stored in other cloud storage providers are subject to the terms of the storage provider.
- File management, including file access control, deletion and exports are only available from the cloud storage provider. Google Drive file management controls including access control, data location commitments, data loss prevention (DLP), vault retention policies and Drive API access are not available for Google documents, spreadsheets and presentations stored in other cloud storage providers.
- Learn how to use Google Docs, Sheets and Slides with Box, Dropbox or Egnyte.
Migrate your Drive files to a different cloud storage provider
You can move your Google Drive files to a different cloud storage provider such as Box, Dropbox or Egnyte. You can still edit your migrated files with Google Docs, Sheets and Slides.
Important: You can’t migrate unsupported content with the file. If you delete the original file, you may not be able to recover the unsupported content from the migrated file.
Other cloud storage providers such as Box, Dropbox and Egnyte for Google Workspace have most of the functionality that users love about Google Docs, Sheets and Slides. Some features aren’t currently supported, for example version history not opened within 30 days is removed per our wipeout policy. Learn more about Google Workspace Terms of Service.
These features aren’t supported:
- Google Forms
- Google Sites
- Mobile edits on Android and iOS apps such as Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
- Insert linked content from another Google Doc, Sheet or Slide
- Sheets data connectors and macros
- Sheets import range function:
- Sheets protected ranges, where only a list of users can modify it
- Google Drive content such as drawings, images, videos or audio
- Docs, Sheets, and Slides APIs and Apps Scripts