To use Box, Dropbox, or Egnyte as your cloud storage provider:
Note: If you have a paid Box, Dropbox, or Egnyte account, this feature only works if you have a Google Workspace account for work or school.
Use Box, Dropbox, or Egnyte at work or school
- Your work or school administrator needs an account with Google and Box, Dropbox, or Egnyte.
- Your administrator decides if you can use third-party storage providers. If you can’t use the one you want, contact your administrator.
- Your administrator decides how you can use Google Drive from your work or school account. For Google Drive access, contact your administrator.
- Google documents, spreadsheets, and presentations stored in other cloud storage providers are subject to the terms of the storage provider.
- File management, including file access control, deletion, and exports are only available from the cloud storage provider. Google Drive file management controls including access control, data location commitments, data loss prevention (DLP), vault retention policies, and Drive API access are not available for Google documents, spreadsheets, and presentations stored in other cloud storage providers.
- Learn how to use Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides with Box, Dropbox, or Egnyte.
Migrate your Drive files to a different cloud storage provider
You can move your Google Drive files to a different cloud storage provider like Box, Dropbox, and Egnyte. You can still edit your migrated files with Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
Important: You can’t migrate unsupported content within the file. If you delete the original file, you may not be able to recover the unsupported content from the migrated file.
Other cloud storage providers like Box, Dropbox, and Egnyte for Google Workspace have most of the functionality that users love about Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides. Some features aren’t currently supported, like version history not opened within 30 days is removed per our wipeout policy. Learn more about Google Workspace Terms of Service.
These features aren’t supported:
- Google Forms
- Google Sites
- Mobile edits on Android and iOS apps like Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- Insert linked content from another Google Doc, Sheet, or Slide
- Sheets data connectors and macros
- Sheets import range function:
- Sheets protected ranges, where only a list of users can modify it
- Google Drive content such as drawings, images, videos, and audio
- Docs, Sheets, and Slides APIs and Apps Scripts