Swirl is an immersive display creative format designed for mobile web. With Swirl, people can explore a 3D rendering in a mobile ad format by rotating and interacting with different features.
You can serve Flipbook creatives by assigning them to video line items. Below are the most common requirements and best practices for image creatives to serve on various exchanges. Please adhere to all other guidelines issued by the IAB.
Swirl campaigns typically take 4 to 6 or more weeks, depending on the complexity of the creative. How to build a 3D Swirl creative
For the best performance, follow these recommendations:
1. Show, don't tell
3D helps deliver better product visualization when it matters. 3D is best for campaigns with:
- A product focus or a visual story to tell
- Features to visualize, explain or showcase (for example, colors, accessories, and so on)
- A new car model with customization options
- An exclusive pair of sneakers
2. Bring perspective
3D unlocks unexpected points of view that are better visualized with 3D and interactivity. Consider how 3D can help tell your story:
- Explore inside a product or experience in 3D
- Help potential customers visualize scale and detail
- Dive into the components of a smartphone
- Show how big an airline premium seat is
3. Bring the brand to life
3D brings a product to the center of a visual frame, so make sure to show the product in a relevant context. Situate your scene and messaging within the brand universe.
- Display a luxury bag within a premium environment
- Highlight a car’s features in various driving conditions
- Transport users into a world-like-diorama
Swirl creatives must be built using Google Web Designer. Assets must meet the following requirements:
|Animation Time Limit||30 seconds or less|
|Open landing page action||Must open in a new tab or window|
|Dimensions||300 x 250, 300 x 600, and 336 x 280 (336 x 280 is only available when also using 300 x 250)
Note: Responsive Swirl creatives aren't supported.
|Optional expansion||300 x 250 and 336 x 280 sizes can expand to full screen|
|Supported interactions||Expand to full screen, tap, swipe, respond to publisher page scroll|
|Maximum file size||3 MB|
|3D file requirements||Google supports GLB files only, 30,000–40,000 polygons. For more details, open the 3D assets guide.|
|Report metrics||Impressions, engagement, full-screen, clickthrough rate, interaction time|
|Environment||Mobile web only (iOS and Android)|
Swirl creative state requirements
There are 3 states of engagement in a Swirl creative: invitation, interaction, and expanded (optional).
If the creative expands, it must have the following:
- Mobile web (iOS and Android)
- Portrait orientation