By default, Display & Video 360 optimizes your fixed CPM bids so that you'll win impressions for the lowest price possible.
However, if you need to always bid a specific CPM, or if you are concerned about accidentally bidding beneath a price floor you've established with sellers, you can opt out of optimized fixed CPM bidding:
Note: Opting out of Optimized Fixed Bidding can have a negative impact on the performance of all your fixed bidding line Items and result in overpaying for inventory.
Recommended alternatives you should consider:
- Using Automated Bidding with the option to “Apply advertiser floor price for targeted deals”
- Ensuring your deals are set up with the correct floor prices in Display & Video 360. If deals are losing a significant number of impressions due to “Below minimum bid”, setting the floor price in Display & Video 360 slightly above the actual floor price should help mitigate the potential impact of exchange rate fluctuations.
- From your partner, expand Settings in the left menu and click Advertiser Configurations.
- In the Optimized Fixed Bidding Settings section, click on the list of enabled advertisers.
- On the page that appears, uncheck the boxes next to the advertisers who need to use un-optimized fixed CPM bidding. Click Save.
- Save your advertiser configurations.