In Display & Video 360, a billing profile contains all of the details used to generate invoices for your usage of Display & Video 360. Each billing profile is used to group together related partners and advertisers.
When Display & Video 360 was first set up for your business, Google Marketing Platform Support created a default billing profile based on the information they had when your account was created. You can modify this billing profile or create new billing profiles if you need to.
Select a billing profile for an advertiser
When you're creating your advertiser in Display & Video 360, you'll select the appropriate billing profile for the advertiser by following these steps:
Some fields in your billing profile will be read-only if your billing currency is one of the following:
- Brazilian real (BRL)
- Chinese yuan (CNY)
- South Korean won (KRW)
- Taiwan dollar (TWD)
- Russian ruble (RUB)
Select the currency that matches your business' invoicing currency, then click the name of a billing profile that uses the currency you need.
If you don’t see a billing profile that uses the currency you need, contact your account manager to create a new billing profile for you.
In the Edit Billing Profile window that opens, click Billing Summary, then click Manage Settings. Scroll down to the "Payments profile" section and make sure the business name and bill-to address are correct.
What if the business name isn't correct?If the business name isn't correct, please use another billing profile. If you can’t find another billing profile with the correct business name, contact your account manager.
What if the name is correct but the bill-to address isn't?If the business name is correct but the bill-to address isn’t, click Cancel to close the current billing profile. Then:
Back in the list of billing profiles, click Make a copy to create a copy of the billing profile with the same business name.
Enter the name and any other required details (if appropriate) for your new billing profile, then click Save.
Enter an invoice name, then click Save.
The invoice name you use is for your own purposes, and won't appear on your actual invoices.
Back in the list of billing profiles, click the name of your new profile, go to Manage Settings in the profile's Billing Summary, and then update the bill-to address.
If both the business name and bill-to address are correct, scroll to the top and go to the Details tab and verify your invoice settings.
What if the invoice settings aren't what I want?If the invoice settings don't meet your needs, click Cancel to close the current billing profile. Then:
- Back in the list of billing profiles, click Make a copy to create a copy of the billing profile with the same business name and bill-to address.
- Enter the name for your new billing profile and configure the following invoice settings:
- Invoice level: Use this setting to group fees into separate invoices by partner, advertiser, or insertion order.
- Invoice detail level: Use this setting to group fees on each invoice by partner, advertiser, insertion order, or PO budget.
- Invoice split level: Use this setting to split platform fees or media cost fees into a separate invoice.
- Itemization level: Use this setting to specify which fees you'd like itemized on separate lines.
- Click Save once you're done.
- Finally, select the radio button next to the appropriate billing profile and click Apply to associate your advertiser with the billing profile.
Deactivate billing profiles that are no longer in use
To deactivate a billing profile:
- Start in your advertiser's basic details, then scroll down to the "Billing Profiles".
- Click the name of a billing profile to edit it.
- In the window that opens, check the "Inactive" checkbox to deactivate the billing profile, then click Save.
- Once you've deactivated the billing profile, all advertisers listed in the Assignments tab will be billed using the default billing profile.
View invoices for Display & Video 360 and other Google services
You can view and download invoices (and other documents) related to payments for Google products and services in the Documents section of the Google payments center. Learn more
Frequently asked questions
How does Display & Video 360 handle currency conversion?
- Display & Video 360 converts the advertiser's currency into USD at bid time.
- If an impression is won, the price of the impression is immediately converted back into the advertiser's currency when the spend is recorded.
Currency exchanges in Display & Video 360 are powered using a widely used bank feed of daily exchange rates. Google doesn't charge any fee for currency conversion in Display & Video 360.