Link YouTube channels to your advertiser
By linking a YouTube channel to a Display & Video 360 advertiser, you can use an expanded set of features for TrueView and bumper campaigns, as well as gain insights into your traditional linear TV campaigns with TV Ad Explorer.
You can link up to 100 YouTube accounts to a Display & Video 360 advertiser, and vice versa.
Link a YouTube channel to an advertiser
From your advertiser, expand Settings in the left menu and click Other Linked Accounts.
Under the YouTube channels section, click Link YouTube channel.
In the window that opens, search for a YouTube channel or enter its URL and then click Next.You own the YouTube channel
Someone else owns the YouTube channel
Select the top option ("I own the YouTube channel…"), then click Go to YouTube.
In the window that opens in YouTube, enter an account name to keep track of the Display & Video 360 advertiser you've linked to this channel. (For example, you could use "[your advertiser's name] + in Display & Video 360".)
Select which privileges you want to give your advertiser in Display & Video 360:
- View counts and call-to-action: This will let your advertiser in Display & Video 360 see video performance by tracking visitor behavior on the channel.
- Remarketing: This will let your advertiser in Display & Video 360 show ads to people who visit and interact with your YouTube channel.
- Engagement: This will let your advertiser in Display & Video 360 measure your video ads’ impact by tracking visitor behavior on your YouTube channel, once they view your ads.
- Click Finish in the Link window, then click Save on the YouTube Advanced settings page.
Select the bottom option ("Someone else owns the YouTube channel…").
Follow the instructions to send an email to the YouTube channel owner asking them to go to their YouTube account to approve (or deny) your account linking request.
Once the owner of the YouTube channel approves your request, that channel will be linked to your Display & Video 360 account.
- You’ll see the status of your account linking requests in your Display & Video 360 advertiser and can update it at any time.
Linking a YouTube channel to a Display & Video 360 advertiser will not:
- Give the YouTube channel's owners control over anything in Display & Video 360.
- Give Display & Video 360 users the ability to add, delete, or modify videos in YouTube from Display & Video 360.
Benefits of linking a YouTube channel to Display & Video 360
Once you've linked a YouTube channel to a Display & Video 360 advertiser, you can do the following in Display & Video 360 depending on which privileges have been granted to your advertiser:
|View counts and calls-to-action (CTAs)||
This gives you the ability to see ad completion rates of videos in linked channels in Display & Video 360 reporting.
Additionally, this also gives you the ability to create call-to-action (CTA) overlays on videos from linked channels.
This gives you the ability to create YouTube users lists based on viewers’ past interactions on linked channels.
|Engagement||This gives you the ability to view earned actions metrics from videos and video ads from linked channels.|