Benefits of using the IMA SDK with DFP Video
Digital Video Ad Serving Template (VAST) is an open standard, and anyone can make a player or SDK that is VAST-compliant.
The Google IMA3 SDK is a VAST-compliant SDK that handles VAST ad responses from DFP Video and any standard, industry-compliant video ad server. This means you don’t need to make your own VAST parser.
Our SDK offers the following benefits to publishers and partners:Expand all Collapse all Support for Active View viewability
Google's IMA SDK is required for Active View reporting, which tracks the viewability of video ads. Viewability helps determine how likely it is that an ad was actually seen by a user. Two important factors are (a) what portion of an ad appears in a viewable space on screen and (b) how long that portion of the ad remains visible. Measuring viewability helps publishers and advertisers assess the value of an impression.
Ad rules* define how ads display with your video content. You can create ad rules to determine when ads play in a video, for how long, and as a result of which triggers. Learn more about ad rules, including pods, bumpers, and cuepoints.
- Standard linear and non-linear in-stream ads.
- Interactive in-stream ads (VPAID), such as interactive expand, video expand, interactive video formats.*
- Skippable ads, which give users the choice to skip an ad, leading to a more engaged viewership.*
You'll also be ready for new ad formats:
- As we develop new formats, the IMA SDK smooths adoption of these new ad formats.
- There is no need to reimplement player logic when new formats are introduced; it’s all handled under the hood.
Video fallback (also known as waterfall or client-side mediation) maximizes the likelihood of filling an impression opportunity when you're using VAST redirects.
- Simple and seamless integration with DFP Video.
- Ensure easy compatibility with the latest industry video standards, including the IAB Video Suite — VAST 2 and 3*, VMAP, and VPAID 1 and 2*.
- SSL support.
- DoubleClick Ad Exchange
- IMA SDK is required in order to make in-stream ad requests to the DoubleClick Ad Exchange, Google’s yield management offering.
- With Ad Exchange, you’ll have access to enhanced dynamic allocation and future features that can help maximize yield.
- Control which buyers have the ability to bid on your more valuable video inventory by setting up preferred deals or private auctions through Ad Exchange.
- Access to TrueView demand
- IMA SDK is required to request TrueView video ads through AdSense for video and DoubleClick Ad Exchange.
- Provides access to many of the same advertisers that buy on YouTube.
- AdSense for video
- IMA SDK is required in order to make ad requests to AdSense for video, Google’s in-stream video monetization offering. (Please ensure you've signed up for AdSense for video.)
- AdSense for games
- IMA SDK is required in order to make video ad requests to AdSense for games, Google’s in-game monetization offering.
- Companion slot awareness through the Google Publisher Tag (GPT)
- Companion dynamic allocation
- Companion autofill if a video ad doesn't have companions to fill all the display companion slots on the page.