DFP Premium billing setup
Publishers can set up billing in DFP Premium and enter into a paid contract to serve and pay for impressions, and gain direct access to Google support.
The billing cycle for new paid accounts begins the month you sign-up.
Only users assigned as a "Legal manager" can sign up for a paid account. If this is not your user role, please contact your DoubleClick for Publishers administrator. Learn more about user roles and permissions.
If you are currently in the process of negotiating or considering another paid contract with Google, please contact your Google sales representative prior to signing up for billing.
To set up your account
- Sign in to DoubleClick for Publishers.
- Click Billing Invoices.
- Read the "Welcome" page and click Continue.
- On the "Complete order form" page, review the information, including the fee schedule and rate card.
- Click Accept and Continue to initiate Google account setup.
Once you've completed this step, an email is sent containing a PDF of your contract. Based on the billing setup configured for you by your Google sales representative, you may be asked to enter a payment method (for example, a credit card) to complete your billing setup. To do this:
- If the "Payments profile" section appears (directly under "Enter payment info"), your DFP account is linked to a Google payments profile.
You can use your Google payments profile to make and receive payments for any Google service, including DFP.
- You can change the Google payments profile associated with this DFP account using the dropdown.
- Any changes you make in the following steps will apply to all Google products that share the selected profile.
- Select your account type (Business or Individual).
- Enter the billing address and information for the primary contact (the "Legal manager" for the account).
- Select the method of payment and enter the appropriate information. Bank accounts may need to be verified.
- Select your language of communication.
- Review the terms and conditions and click the check box when you're ready to accept them.
- Click Complete sign up followed by Done to complete your account setup.
- If you already had a Google payments profile and you made updates to the settings on this page, your profile will be updated accordingly.
- If you didn't have a Google payments profile before completing these steps, a new profile will be created.
If your account has been configured to receive monthly invoices, you will not be asked to enter the payment method, and instead, the Billing tab will indicate a pending screen until the billing setup is completed by Google. This usually takes 24-48 hours.
Review your invoice and Query Tool report
PDF invoices detail the impressions for which you are charged. You can compare your invoice to the impression data from a Query Tool report, but there may be minor discrepancies due to, but not limited to, delayed impressions or spam filtering.
Create a Query Tool report for impression data
When you create a Query Tool report, include the "Total Impressions" and "Unfilled Impressions" metrics.
The "Unfilled Impressions" data found in your Query Tool report includes prefetch requests, for which you are not billed, so the amount billed in your invoice may be lower.