Ad formats and sizes for DFP Mobile In-app
This article provides a brief overview of the available creative formats and options for DFP Mobile In-app. Most creative options that are available in DFP web are also supported in DFP Mobile In-app.Request mobile in-app ads (5:59)
DFP Mobile In-app supports the following formats of creatives:
- Display creatives using HTML and the MRAID definitions
- Banners: Normally displayed in the content stream or as adhesive units.
- Interstitials: Typically used when there are natural breaks in user’s interaction with your mobile app. Learn more.
- Native ads: Match both the form and function of the user experience in which they’re placed. Learn more.
- Content ads: provide a generic combination of text and images.
- App install ads: promote and drive mobile app installs
- Banner ads: the creative is sent to the app.
- Interstitial ads: the creative is displayed to the user.
- Native ads: the creative is displayed to the user.
DFP Mobile In-app supports a variety of sizes in creatives including:
- Banners with IAB standard mobile sizes
- Full-screen banners and interstitials
- Smart Banners for screen fragmentation
- Rich media and expandable creatives
- Custom sizes
Smart Banners allow DFP to choose the best sized ad according to the size and orientation of the mobile app. Learn more.Please refer to the Android and iOS GMA SDK documentation for more information on standard banner and interstitial sizes as well as Smart Banners.
DFP Mobile In-app supports the following different creative types, which can be selected when you traffic a creative:
- Image banners (e.g., 320x50)
- Image animation creatives (e.g., expandable banners)
- Video interstitials
- DoubleClick tags
- Native ads
- Custom creative templates
- SDK Mediation (for third-party ad serving)
Learn more about creative types for DFP Mobile In-app.
There are multiple click-through destination options available for mobile app ads served through DFP:
- Click-through URL
- Click-to-call (phone number)
- Click-to app (open deep link in an app)
Learn more about creative destinations for DFP Mobile In-app.
In addition to DFP web creative templates, there are some mobile app-specific templates:
- Mobile Interstitial with auto-close
- Mobile image with Google +1
- Mobile image carousel
- Mobile application download
Learn more about creative templates for DFP Mobile In-app.