Filter DFP query results
When you create a query, you have the option to narrow down your report results via filters.
General filter usage
- "is any of" enables you to simultaneously filter for multiple objects
- "contains" enables you to filter for multiple objects using the operators
NOT, and the negative symbol (
-).The operators must be in all capital letters. For exact phrases, use double-quotes ("). Use spaces with care. If there is not a proper operator after the space, then it is interpreted as an AND operation.
|Text entered in filter field||DFP performs the following search|
|NOT "a"||NOT LIKE '%a%'|
|"a" AND "b"||LIKE '%a%' AND LIKE '%b%'|
|"a" OR "b"||LIKE '%a%' OR LIKE '%b%'|
|"a" AND "b" AND "c"||LIKE '%a%' AND LIKE '%b%' AND LIKE '%c%'|
|"a" "b" "c"||LIKE '%a%' AND LIKE '%b%' AND LIKE '%c%'|
Filter by specific dimensions, attributes or custom fields
Some dimension filters are only selectable when you have added the same dimension to the report first (such as "Key-values" and "Targeting.") Therefore, we recommend you start by selecting dimensions and metrics before adding your filters.
- Ad units:
- You can filter on the "Ad unit" dimension without adding the Ad unit dimension, but you can only use the "contains" filter for top-level ad units.
- To use the OR operator in the "Ad unit" filter, add "Ad unit" as a dimension with "Top level" selected.
- When you filter on the "Ad unit" dimension, you have the option to include child ad units in the totals.
- Key-values: Filter by key-values only works if you have included the Key-values dimension.
Key-values reports can be very large. Therefore to avoid having your report fail, run them for only a single day or a full month. Try using total targeted Impressions rather than total impressions, as this pulls far fewer rows of data.
- Targeting: Filter by targeting only works if you have included the Targeting dimension.
- Custom fields: Custom field filtering is offered. The filter types vary based on field type.
- Text-based fields default to the "contains" type
- Drop-down or toggle-based fields default to the "is any of" type
- Number-based fields default to the "between" type