Use the IMA SDK with DFP Video
The Video Ad Serving Template (VAST) is an open standard, which means anyone can make a player or SDK that is VAST-compliant. The Google IMA3 SDK is a VAST-compliant SDK that handles VAST ad responses from DFP Video and any standard, industry-compliant video ad server. This means you don’t need to make your own VAST parser.
The Google SDK offers the following benefits to publishers and partners:
Google's IMA SDK is required for Active View reporting, which tracks the viewability of video ads. Viewability helps determine how likely it is that an ad was actually seen by a user. Two important factors are (a) what portion of an ad appears in a viewable space on screen and (b) how long that portion of the ad remains visible. Measuring viewability helps publishers and advertisers assess the value of an impression.
- Standard linear and non-linear in-stream ads.
- Interactive in-stream ads (VPAID), such as interactive expand, video expand, interactive video formats.*
- Skippable ads, which give users the choice to skip an ad, leading to a more engaged viewership.*
You'll also be ready for new ad formats:
- As we develop new formats, the IMA SDK smooths adoption of these new ad formats.
- There is no need to reimplement player logic when new formats are introduced; it’s all handled under the hood.
Video fallback (also known as waterfall or client-side mediation) maximizes the likelihood of filling an impression opportunity when you're using VAST redirects.
- Simple and seamless integration with DFP Video.
- Ensure easy compatibility with the latest industry video standards, including the IAB Video Suite — VAST 2 and 3*, VMAP, and VPAID 1 and 2*.
- SSL support.
- DoubleClick Ad Exchange
- IMA SDK is required in order to make in-stream ad requests to the DoubleClick Ad Exchange, Google’s yield management offering.
- With Ad Exchange, you’ll have access to enhanced dynamic allocation and future features that can help maximize yield.
- Control which buyers have the ability to bid on your more valuable video inventory by setting up preferred deals or private auctions through Ad Exchange.
- Access to TrueView demand
- IMA SDK is required to request TrueView video ads through AdSense for video and DoubleClick Ad Exchange.
- Provides access to many of the same advertisers that buy on YouTube.
- AdSense for video
- IMA SDK is required in order to make ad requests to AdSense for video, Google’s in-stream video monetization offering. (Please ensure you've signed up for AdSense for video.)
- AdSense for games
- IMA SDK is required in order to make video ad requests to AdSense for games, Google’s in-game monetization offering.
- Companion slot awareness through the Google Publisher Tag (GPT)
- Companion dynamic allocation
- Companion autofill if a video ad doesn't have companions to fill all the display companion slots on the page.