I can't save my financial term
If you're not familiar with financial terms, review Get started with financial terms to become familiar with the concepts discussed in this article. Review Create partner default financial terms to become familiar with partner default financial terms. Familiarizing yourself with this material will give you a better understanding of this article.
A partner default financial term is required for affiliates/distribution partners that have had ad units assigned to them or for content partners that have had video content assigned to them. Requiring partners to have a partner default financial term ensures any impressions that serve to an ad unit or video not explicity in another association have a backup financial term that will apply.
If you try to modify and partner default financial term so that the result would be that partners (with ad units or video content assiged to them) would not belong to a default financial term, DFP warns you and prevents you from saving the financial term.
If you're trying to move an individual partner from an association in an partner-only financial term, go to Companies under the Admin tab. There, you will be able to either move the partner from its current partner-only financial term to another financial term or create a new partner-only financial term for that partner.
Reasons why you can't save a partner default financial term
There are two kinds of partner default financial terms. Here are the cases in which DFP warns you for each kind of partner default financial term.
Partner-type financial term
DFP may warn you if you try to modify the partner-type financial term in the following ways:
- Add any other item type (for example, an ad unit, content, or a line item) to the association in which the only the item representing all partners of a given type is included.
- In the case of affiliate/distribution partners, this is the 'Affiliate/distribution partners' item.
- DFP Video: In the case of affiliate/distribution partners, this is the 'Content partners' item.
- Remove the the item representing all partners of a given type when at least one member has an ad unit or video content assigned to it, and that member does not belong to a partner-only financial term.
Partner-only financial term
DFP warns you if you try to modify an partner-only financial term in the following ways:
- Remove partner from the association that contains only members of the same type, where there is no partner-type financial term, and where the partner being removed has an ad unit (or content) assigned to it.
- Add any other item type (for example, an ad unit, content, or a line item) to the association that contains only members of the same type, where at least one partner in that association has an ad unit (or content) assigned to it, and where there is no partner-type financial term.