Translate item details
Provide translations for item details using the item editor
- Open the Item manager
- Click an item to translate
- In the item editor, click Add under the "Translations" section
- Choose a language from the menu and click Add
- Enter translations for each field, as necessary
- Scroll to the top of the page and click Save
- If necessary, add another language by clicking Add and repeat steps 4 to 6
Translations may also be provided for many items and languages at a time. Learn how to bulk translate item metadata using advanced import features.
Viewers will see item details in the language configured in their browser/system settings. If you have not provided a translation for the user's language then they will see the item details in the primary language used in your account.
Learn also how to translate other content such as exhibit captions and website information.