What is Ariba?
Ariba (or SAP Ariba) is an e-procurement suite of tools provided by SAP. Alphabet/Google uses several Ariba modules for purchasing-related activity, including:
- Ariba Proposals & Questionnaires used by suppliers to enroll (i.e. provide information, like banking and tax details, required for purchasing & payment) and existing suppliers to manage their account (i.e. maintain the initial information provided during enrollment to ensure accurate and timely payment).
- Ariba Network for suppliers to electronically receive purchase orders and to submit invoices back for payment, otherwise referred to as transacting. To transact over the Ariba Network, suppliers must first enroll via the Ariba Proposals & Questionnaires or Embark. Once registered, A Purchase order can be raised to enable suppliers on the Ariba Network with Alphabet/Google. Enablement is a one-time activity; transacting is an ongoing process.
Ariba Questionnaires = Enrollment & Updating Data
Ariba Network = Purchase Orders & Invoices
All new suppliers are required to enroll via the SAP Ariba process in order to:
- Manage supplier account details such as remittance information (Done in the Ariba Proposals & Questionnaires Portal)
- Receive Alphabet/Google Purchase Orders (Done in the Ariba Network portal)
- Invoice Alphabet/Google (Done in the Ariba Network portal)
- Receive payment against invoices (Done in the Ariba Network portal)
SAP Ariba Network is a procurement management software globally used by businesses to make buying and paying more efficient. Alphabet/Google has implemented SAP Ariba Network worldwide.
We are requesting that all suppliers transact with Alphabet/Google on the Ariba Network through an account type of their choice (Standard or Enterprise) in order to provide a more seamless process for suppliers (e.g. electronically submitting invoices for processing and payment against purchase orders, self-managing and updating supplier account information).
Suppliers will need to register as SAP Ariba users, or if they are already SAP Ariba users, they need to activate their Ariba Network account with Alphabet/Google. Suppliers are also able to update their banking and other details in their SAP Ariba account.
Please allow approximately 4 business days to complete the enrollment process once both the Registration and Tax Questionnaires are submitted. After the submission of both the Registration Questionnaire and the Tax Questionnaire, you will receive a confirmation that your questionnaire was received by Google. The Google team will review your registration information, and send a final notification once fully approved.
Please ensure you provide complete and accurate information on the enrollment form to avoid delay in your enrollment. Once all the information has been provided, please allow 5-8 business days for your enrollment to be processed. Once confirmed by our team, you are enrolled with Alphabet/Google!
You will receive a confirmation email upon a successful completion of the enrollment process. If we have questions concerning your enrollment information, the Google team will reach out to you.
Once you are successfully enrolled, you should wait for a PO to be issued to your company before you begin any work for Google.
AribaIf you’re already enrolled on the Ariba network: you may update your information directly in the Ariba Network by following the instructions below.
- Log in to Ariba Network
- Switch to Ariba Proposals & Questionnaires located on the upper left hand of the screen
- Click Registration Questionnaire or Tax Questionnaire and then Revise Response
Note: If you are unable to Revise Response then this means that forms are currently locked, please contact us using the button below to unlock the forms.
- Edit or revise the information you wish to change
For further guidance, you can review the video and instruction in the How to update your account information section.
If you’re not enrolled on the Ariba network yet: Please reach out to Google by clicking the Contact Us button below and selecting Ariba enrollment invitation
Non-AribaIf you have already enrolled in Embark, you may update your information by following the steps here. Please contact Google using the button below if you have any questions about what channel to use.
If you are already registered in Ariba:You will need to access the Ariba Network portal to add a new bank account or payment site. After logging into Ariba, follow the steps below:
- Click on proposals
- Registration questionnaire
- Click the revise response
If you are not yet registered in Ariba:For you to be set up in Ariba, the first thing you need is to get an invitation from our relevant team. But in order to be invited, we advise you to provide the following information for validation and send it to us by clicking the Contact Us button below.
- Supplier Name:
- Google PO Number (old/new):
- Last 4 digits of current Bank Account Number on our system:
- Current Remittance Email Address on our system:
- Email address of Google POC/employee:
- Email address to receive the Ariba enrollment link:
- Supplier Contact First Name and Last Name to receive the Ariba enrollment link:
- If you see this error message: The value does not match the required validation pattern for item Email Address of your Google point of contact (Site #1) due to the following error message; Please enter email id in correct format. Example of accepted domain: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Under the registration questionnaire (form 1 of 2), look for the payment site details and edit the field Email Address of your Google point of contact. Provide the email address of your direct contact from google.
- If you see this error message: The value does not match the required validation pattern for item Payment authorization phone number (Site #1) due to the following error message: Phone number can be minimum 10 and up to 16. Special characters +,(.),- are allowed.
- To fix the problem, locate the Finance Contact Number field under the registration field. Remove the spaces or keep the maximum number of characters at 16.
- Go to Ariba Network
- On the top right look for the question mark icon, click it and choose Support
- A new window will open where you can search for support like register
- If you can not find the help you need you may click on contact us at the top of the page under the blue header
- There click on Register on SAP Business Network
- This will bring you to some more options you may choose from. In order to get to the contact us page you can click on the following: Something else,Transacting documents (purchase orders, invoices, etc.)
Next a box will open at the bottom of the page Can’t find what you’re looking for? and you may click contact us
- There you will fill out your information for an Ariba help desk support person to get back to you
If you’ve already created an Ariba account:
Please work with the Ariba administrator who created the account to add another user.
If you haven’t created an Ariba account:
Alphabet/Google can resend the Ariba invitation provided an Ariba account hasn’t been created yet. If you haven’t created an Ariba account yet, please click the Contact Us button below.
For further guidance, you can review the video How to Change Your Account Administrator and Add Users
For any additional information, you should contact the Ariba Support team through email or phone Support.
- For Alphabet/Google call support, please reach out to your Point of Contact at Alphabet/Google to schedule an Office Hour with you and the Alphabet/Google Operations team directly
- For Urgent Alphabet/Google call support, please reach out to us using the Contact Us button below to manually schedule a video meeting with our enrollment specialists
- Enterprise (fee-based) Account - Please register your Ariba Network Account BEFORE go-live via a Trading Relationship Request email from Ariba
- Standard (free of charge) Account - Please register your Ariba Network Account AFTER go-live with your first net new PO via an interactive PO email
- Log-in to your existing Ariba account
- Click on the circle with your initials in it at the top right hand corner of the account
- From the drop down menu, select Link User IDs
- If it is your user account:
- Enter your username/password for the account on the right side under the No Approval Needed section
- Click Link Accounts
- If it is a different user’s account:
- Enter the username for the account on the left side under the Approval Needed section
- Click Send Link Request
- The individual associated with the entered username will need to login to their account, follow steps 1 & 2, and Approve the request
STEP 1 - Enablement - As a PO Recipient Create & Configure Ariba Account
The SAP Ariba PO is issued to an initial PO Sharing email as designated by your Google point-of-contact. If you do need receive your PO when you expect to, or want to change this initial sharing email, contact your Google point-of-contact to do so. The person who receives the first PO and sets up the Ariba Network account can then assign additional users to receive future POs and invoice against them (see the configuration steps below)
- Email comes from email@example.com (sometimes goes to the SPAM folder)
- Once you receive an email, click Process Order
Follow below steps to configure your account:
- Complete a short registration form to create an account or log into an existing account. More details here
- POC who creates the account becomes the Account Administrator and must configure it
- Complete Account Settings tasks
- You can find more on how to fully configure account in this guide, or Configuration steps for Standard Account and Enterprise Account
STEP 2 - Transacting - Create Invoice from PO Email
- You first need to create Invoice from PO Email
- Using the PO email, click Process order
- Follow instructions to create an invoice for a standard supplier. You can also follow this
STEP 3 - Account Management - Manage Your Payment InformationPayment information is hosted in a separate Ariba module. To update your payment information:
- As a new supplier, provide your Payment Information during enrollment
- As an existing supplier contact us for an invitation
- Review the pre-populated enrollment questionnaires and make updates as needed
- Regularly check and validate information to keep it current and avoid payment delay