As your organization's administrator, you can use the Highlights reports to view summarized key metrics and trends in your domain. These metrics include app usage, users status, storage quota, document visibility, and security. Click data points on the screen to see more information.
Open the Highlights report
From the left-navigation menu, click Reporting > Reports.
What you can see in the Highlights reportWhat's the status of different accounts?
Use this panel to view the overall status of user accounts in your organization. View the percentage of accounts that are Blocked, Suspended, Archived, and Active. To view more details in an Accounts reports, click VIEW DETAILS.
To learn more about the data in Accounts reports, see Accounts reports.
As an administrator, use this panel to see if your domain's users use the core Google Workspace services that are available to them. To view more details in each of the reports, click VIEW DETAILS.
Key highlights from the graph
- Shows the number of weekly active users (users who sign in and interact with user interface at least once a week) for Gmail, Drive, classic Hangouts, Calendar, and Classroom, or all of them, collectively.
- The active users number includes users who access Calendar via the web and users who send write requests (make changes to Calendars and events) via the API.
You can change the timespan (use the drop-down menu at the top right) for the graph to 7 days, 1 month, 3 months, or 6 months.
Statistics for the time period you specify
The area beneath the graph has additional statistics for the time period you specify, including the number of:
- Gmail messages exchanged (sent and received) in your domain.
- Files created in your domain.
- Video sessions (not chats) initiated in classic Hangouts. Signing into a Hangout, dropping off, and then signing back into the same Hangout is counted as 1 video session.
Each statistic also displays the difference between the current period and the previous period of the same duration, and the percentage the statistic changed. For example, if your domain sent 200 messages last week and 250 messages this week, the statistic shows a change of 50 messages and a 25% increase.
When you switch the timespan, the trend lines in the graph and statistics below it update to reflect the data in the timespan you choose.
Use this panel to view the overall status of user accounts using Currents. For more information about Currents activity in your organization, click VIEW DETAILS.
A number of Currents components and integrations (for example, classic Hangouts, YouTube comments, and Photos) are unbundled from the core Currents product. The graph now shows only the users of Currents.
Use this panel to view how much storage space is available for your organization.
The data includes:
- Number of users and their account status
- Users nearing their storage limits
- External apps installed in your domain
- Users not enrolled in 2-Step Verification
- Users allowed access to less secure apps
For more information, click VIEW DETAILS.
As an administrator, use this panel to view your organization's exposure to data leaks, both internally and externally. For more information, click VIEW DETAILS.
You can select a time span of 1 day, 7 days, 1 month, 3 months, and 6 months from the drop-down menu to see the visibility of every file that was shared in your domain.
External shares—Number of files that were shared externally by users in the domain during the selected time window:
- Public - files that are made publicly available
- Anyone With Link - files made available to anyone with the link
- Outside Domain - files shared explicitly with individuals or groups outside the domain
Internal shares—Number of files that were shared or private by users in the domain during the selected time window:
- Anyone In Domain - files that are shared with anyone in the domain
- Anyone In Domain With Link - files that are shared with anyone in the domain with link
- Inside Domain - files that are shared explicitly with a user or group within the domain
- Private - files that are not shared at all.
Investigating file sharing activity
- Click numbers in the summary statistic for internal or external sharing events within the File sharing activity section. This will bring you to the Security reports.
- Find out which users made files visible externally, and ensure they're aware of your organization's data sharing policies.
If the File sharing activity numbers indicate users share files indiscriminately, consider establishing stricter file sharing guidelines for your organization or configuring more secure default settings for Drive.
Use this panel to view activity on Cloud Search within your organization:
- Number of active users
- Number of search activities
- Number of mobile search activities
- Number of tablet search activities
- Number of desktop search activities
For more information, click VIEW DETAILS.
How old is the data I'm seeing?
You won’t see complete data up to the present day. Instead, under each section heading, you'll see the latest date for which data is available.
Occasionally, you'll see an asterisk (*) next to a metric value. This asterisk indicates that this particular metric value might be stale compared to the other metrics under the same section.
Hover over the metric value to display the "Last updated on: date" message.
For details on exactly when data becomes available and how long it's retained, see Data retention and lag times.