You can use the audit and investigation page to run searches related to Keep log events. There you can monitor activity on notes owned by users in your organization.
For a full list of services and activities that you can investigate, such as Google Drive or user activity, read through the data sources for the audit and investigation page.
Open the audit and investigation page
- On the left, click ReportingAudit and investigationKeep log events.
Filter the data
- Open the log events as described above in Access Keep log event data.
- Click Add a filter, and then select an attribute.
- In the pop-up window, select an operatorselect a valueclick Apply.
(Optional) To create multiple filters for your search:
- Click Add a filter and repeat step 3.
- (Optional) To add a search operator, above Add a filter, select AND or OR.
- Click Search.
Note: Using the Filter tab, you can include simple parameter and value pairs to filter the search results. You can also use the Condition builder tab, where the filters are represented as conditions with AND/OR operators.
For this data source, you can use the following attributes when searching log event data:
|Actor||Email address of the user who performed the action|
|Actor group name||Group name of the actor|
|Actor organizational unit||Organizational unit of the actor|
|Attachment URI||The Keep API resource URI of the attachment that was added or removed, if any|
|Date||Date and time the event occurred (displayed in your browser's default time zone)|
|Event||The logged event action, such as Create note or Share a note|
|Note URI||The Keep API resource URI of the note|
|Owner||User who owns the note|
Note: Keep logs most events immediately, but it might take up to 10 seconds for data to appear in the log event.
Use the Reports API with Keep log event data
You can use the Reports API to automatically query log event data. For complex queries with extra details, you can use the resource URIs returned in the log entries to make requests against the Keep API. Learn more about Resource URIs.
Manage log event data
Manage search results column data
You can control which data columns appear in your search results.
- At the top-right of the search results table, click Manage columns.
- (Optional) To remove current columns, click Remove.
- (Optional) To add columns, next to Add new column, click the Down arrowand select the data column.
Repeat as needed.
- (Optional) To change the order of the columns, drag the data column names.
- Click Save.
Export search result data
- At the top of the search results table, click Export all.
- Enter a nameclick Export.
The export displays below the search results table under Export action results.
- To view the data, click the name of your export.
The export opens in Google Sheets.
Create reporting rules
When and how long is data available?
Go to Data retention and lag times.