This feature is available from the following charts on the dashboard:
- File exposure—What does external file sharing look like for the domain?
- Compromised device events—What compromised device events have been detected?
- Suspicious device activities—What suspicious device activities have been detected?
- Failed device password attempts—How many times were there failed password attempts on devices?
Note: The charts available on the security dashboard will vary depending on your Google Workspace edition.
Your access to the security investigation tool
- Supported editions for the security investigation tool include Enterprise Plus and Education Plus.
- Admins with Cloud Identity Premium, Enterprise Standard, and Education Standard can also use the investigation tool for a subset of data sources.
- Your ability to run a search in the investigation tool depends on your Google edition, your administrative privileges, and the data source. If you're unable to run a search in the investigation tool for a specific data source, you can generally use the audit and investigation page instead.
Start an investigation from the security dashboard
In the Admin console, go to Menu SecuritySecurity centerDashboard.
- From one of the above charts, click VIEW REPORT.
- Apply filters to the report, such as the date range or domain.
- Start an investigation by hovering on the investigation icon in the report, and then clicking New Investigation. You can start an investigation based on the entire table in the report, or based on a single row in the table.
- Click SEARCH.