Assign a calendar to your Chromebase
After a Chromebase for meetings device is enrolled, you’ll need to associate it with a room or personal calendar.
If your organization uses G Suite, you can then associate the device with a Google Calendar resource (room). If your organization doesn't use G Suite, use the Microsoft Outlook® plug-in to schedule video calls.
Associate your Chromebase with a room
After enrolling a Chromebase for meetings device in a room, an admin user needs to associate the device with that room’s online calendar. This allows other users to schedule video conferences using the Chromebase for meetings.
You do not need to associate a Chromebase for meetings device with the room’s calendar to use the device for ad hoc meetings.
|Organizations that use G Suite||Google Calendar||Associate each Chromebase for meetings device with the calendar for a room, or for a specific user.
Whenever that room or user is added to a Google Calendar video call, the meeting name appears on the Chromebase for meetings screen at the designated time, and can be joined using the remote control.
|Organizations that do not use G Suite||Microsoft Outlook® plug-in||The plugin adds a video call name to Microsoft Outlook events. Participants use the Chromebase for meetings remote control to join the video call.|
Associate your Chromebase with a personal Google Calendar
You can assign a Chromebase for meetings device with the Google calendar for a room, or for a specific user.
If the Chromebase for meetings device is installed in a conference room, associate the device with the room. When users create a Calendar event, they can add the room to the invitation. In addition to reserving the room, the meeting name will appear on the Chromebase for meetings screen at the designated time. Use the remote control to select and join the video call.
|Personal calendar||The plugin adds a video call name to Microsoft Outlook events, and participants join the video.
If the Chromebase for meetings device is used by a single user, such as in a home office or other remote location, you can associate the device with their personal calendar. Whenever that user is added to a Calendar event, the meeting name appears on their Chromebase for meetings device, and they can use the remote control to select and join the meeting.
Personal calendars can be associated with multiple Chromebase for meetings devices.
If you’re a domain administrator, please follow these steps to assign a Chromebase for meetings device to a room or personal calendar (if you’re not a domain administrator, please contact the IT admin in your organization to complete these steps):
- At the end of device enrollment, the screen displays a URL for the device’s page in the Chromebase for meetings Admin console.
- From a laptop or other device, copy the URL into a web browser.
Note: If you need this URL later, you can find it from your Chromebase for meetings device’s home screen by clicking the Settings icon in the upper-right corner. The URL appears on the Settings screen. You can also access the device page without the URL: Sign in to the Google Admin console, click Device management > Chrome devices for meetings. Select a device and click Assign a calendar.
- If the login screen appears, sign in to the Google Admin console using your G Suite account. You won’t see this screen if you’re already signed in.
- The device management screen for your Chromebase for meetings device appears. Click Assign a calendar.
- On the right side of the screen, select one of the following:
- Use a room calendar–If this device is primarily for a shared room setting (for example, a phone booth or huddle space), we recommend that you associate the device with a room calendar. Select the room where the Chromebase for meetings device is located, and click Save. If the room does not appear in the list, click Create Resource, enter the room name, and click Save.
- Use a personal calendar–If the device is primarily for personal use (for one person), we recommend that you associate the device with a personal calendar. Enter the name or email address of the user and click Save. Calendar events that include the user will appear on the device.
A green dot to the left of a room name means that this room's calendar is not assigned to any devices. A yellow dot means that this room's calendar is assigned to one or more devices.