Enroll your device
Enrolling your Hangouts Meet hardware or Chromebox for meetings device adds it to your organization's domain name. Any user in your domain can enroll a device.
If your device was previously enrolled, you can wipe the device to return it to its original (factory) state and then enroll it again.
Before you begin
- Verify your organization’s domain name and make sure you have enough device licenses. For details, see Verify your organization's domain.
- Decide if you want to use Single Sign-On (SSO) for any devices. If so, enable SSO.
Enroll a device
- Turn on your device.
- (Optional) To easily enter information, connect a USB keyboard to the Chromebox for meetings. If you connect a USB keyboard to the Hangouts Meet hardware, the virtual keyboard won’t appear on the touchscreen.
- Complete the on-screen setup to select your language, keyboard layout, time zone, and network. If these fields don't appear, press Ctrl+Alt+H to put the device in Chromebox for meetings mode.
- (Optional) Customize the following options:
- Accessibility—Accessibility options include larger font and cursor size, voice prompts, and more. The options you select here apply to the setup process only, not to using your device.
- Send usage and crash information to Google—Allow your device to send info to Google to improve Chrome for all users. For details, click Learn more.
- System security setting—Read more about the device security settings.
- Google Chrome OS Terms—Read more about Chrome OS terms.
- Accept the Chrome OS Terms.
- Sign in with your G Suite email address and password.
- Click Done when the enrollment process is complete.
- When the Hangouts screen appears, follow the on-screen instructions to test your camera, microphone, and speaker.
Tip: If you can’t see video or hear audio during the test, make sure your camera, microphone, and speaker are connected. It might help to unplug the cables and plug them in again.
- Assign a calendar to the device.