With Google Play and a Chromecast built-in speaker, you can take your favorite tunes to a whole other level by casting them to your speakers. Have music saved on your computer? Use Music Manager to create a complete music library to cast to your speakers or mobile device.
After you've set up your Chromecast built-in speaker here's how you can listen to music using Google Play Music .
Cast musicPhone or tablet
- Connect your device and Chromecast built-in speaker to the same wireless network.
- Open the Google Play Music app .
- Tap the Cast button .
- Select your Chromecast built-in speaker from the device list.
- Select a song, album, or playlist.
- Tap Play.
If you haven't already, you'll need to download and use Google Chrome to listen to music using your computer and Chromecast built-in speaker.
- Open Chrome .
- Download and install the Cast button from the Chrome Web Store (first time only).
- Connect your computer and Chromecast built-in speaker to the same wireless network.
- Go to Google Play Music (play.google.com/music) using Chrome.
- Tap a song, album, or playlist.
- Tap Play.
- At the bottom of the screen next to the playback controls, click the Cast button .
- Under "Connect to a device", select your Chromecast built-in speaker from the device list.
Upload music with Music Manager
With Music Manager, you can upload music from any music folder on your computer (including iTunes and Windows Media Player) to Google Play and immediately start casting your top tunes to your TV. You can even upload your iTunes library to your Android device so your complete music collection is available in one spot. No syncing required! Learn how to download and install Music Manager and get casting.
Disconnect from your Chromecast built-in speaker
- Using your phone or tablet: Tap the Cast button and select Stop casting.
- Using your computer: In the top right corner of your browser, click the Cast button and click Stop casting.
- Using your phone or tablet: You can use the playback controls on the Google Play Music app . You can also quickly access your playback controls through your device's notifications.
- Using your computer: You can use the playback controls on Google Play Music, near the bottom of the screen.
- It can be a good idea to keep the music player open when listening to music on Google Cast audio device with your computer. Playback controls can't be used after the music player has been closed, the computer has been turned off, or an Internet connection has been lost.