Chromecast and Chromecast Audio devices can only remember one Wi-Fi network at a time. If you changed your Wi-Fi network and your device isn't currently connected to a Wi-Fi network, perform a factory reset and set up your Chromecast or Chromecast Audio on the new network.
If your Chromecast or Chromecast Audio is connected to an existing Wi-Fi network but you'd like to connect it to a new one, follow the steps below:
- Make sure your mobile device or tablet is linked to the same account as your Chromecast.
- Open the Google Home app .
- Touch and hold your device's tile.
- Tap Device information Wi-Fi Forget this network.
- You’ll be taken back to your home screen.
- Follow the steps to set up your Chromecast with Google TV, Chromecast (3rd gen or older) or Chromecast Audio on a new network.